Thursday, August 23, 2012

SAL Chikan Embroidery

hi dear friends
i was busy with one or other reason for more than a week..besides, i was also very busy for learning and doing Chikan Embroidery SAL in between my busy schedules..
you cant imagine how much happy iam that i was able to learn chikan embroidery through wonderful lucid style of tutorial in Anita's Blog'Artistic Fingers'..thank you Anita for accepting my request and for sending the lists of supplies and charts along with design..while my blogmates were following her tute,i had not created my blog and so not aware of its registration..after seeing the participant's comments and pics i felt that i was so unlucky..i badly wanted to learn it somehow and emailed dear anita requesting if she can send me the lists and charts..she agreed to send me  and i started to do it last week following her 8classes in her blog HERE..i have mailed her my each and every updated embr images asking her suggestions and opinions..i really appreciate her generous attitude and cooperation..allover i enjoyed this embr to the core while stitching through the whole paisley..
wah an interesting mind blowing experience that i couldn't put down my needle and thread!!!..if i were there  with my friends in chikan SAL,it would be more interesting to me then..even though i lost that chance,iam so happy now that at least i could learn the beautiful traditional embroidery technique ☺..
my request is that if you are an embroidery lover,dont miss this wonderful technique,go through Anita's Blog and must learn the art..she has explained very well that anybody can follow the lessons..once again many thanks to dear Anita..

iam posting some pictures for your view..














Enjoy stitching this wonderful traditional embroidery!

22 comments:

latha said...

This is so beautiful Leela...Looks like so delcate and need patience.Love to learn this work..Thanks for sharing all the details. Will certainly go through Anitha's blog for tutorials.

Unknown said...

i don't know embroidery work but your work shows great dedication here.. hats off to you :)

Angel said...

Wow!!! very pretty .

theartandcraftgallery said...

Thanks for sharing your project Leela. Also thanks for informing me about Anitha's blog. I always wished to learn the chikan work now I found the easy way to do so..

Mélange said...

This is my all time fav.I always loved such beautiful elegant ones..Cheers to you Leela !

Divya A said...

Wow looks awesome heard that it was a bit tough to learn this art work is it?? I would love to try some!!

Today's Recipe - Buttery apple slices - An exotic yummy dessert
You Too Can Cook Indian Food Recipes

Shami Immanuel said...

Hi Leela

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Happy to see your chikan embroidered motif. I have also completed the tutorials by Anita.My link is
http://shamiatcraft.blogspot.in/2012/06/chikankari-lessons-continues.html

I have purchased a course material from Mridulas school of embroidery, Chennai for chikan and Kasuti. They have given a superb course material So that we can learn by ourselves. If u r interested u can also go for it.

Shami.
www.shamiatcraft.blogspot.com

Beena said...

Woow what a pretty work. thank u for sharing

ashok said...

wow! lovely works!

PAQUI said...

Fantástico amiga. Besos

வை.கோபாலகிருஷ்ணன் said...

"Chikan Embroidery SAL"

So Beautiful work Leela.

Thanks for sharing.

All the Best......
Congratulations...

GOPU

l'alternativa said...

Che splendore!!!!!!! Una vera opera d'arte, sono senza parole. Tantissimi complimenti
Emi

letslearnembroidery said...

Wow, it's really neat, beautiful!You're late but managed to complete it.I'm only half-way through.

Priya Suresh said...

Awesome work, very prefect and elegant.

Leelagovind said...

thank you for your compliments..credit goes to anitha dear..

Anita said...

Well done Leela.You are always welcome!

Leelagovind said...

once again thanks anitha for your support and appreciation...

sudha said...

My sister used to do this so perfectly and I am still raw on this.
Thanks for sharing.

Sangeetha said...

Beautiful and perfect work.
Love

Unknown said...

Hi Leela,

what lovely blog and impressive embroidery, love the contrasting colors and neat work. I also do embroidery at home, love to follow you here. Do visit my cooking blog

Priya
http://cooklikepriya.blogspot.com/

Mahalakshmi said...

I don't know how I missed this post..BEAUTIFUL..Lovely stitching and thanks for sharing it.

Unknown said...

Best work Leela.I like it to much.I do not know this work but i want to try to learn it.Thanks.

Chikankari Kurtis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...